Tuesday 5 March 2019

Heroes of the Forbidden Fortress



There has been no contact from a local fortress belonging to an allied samurai clan. Fearing the worst, Matsushita Akitane has sent one of his most loyal warriors to discover the fate of their brothers in arms.
The samurai Kawamura Naotomo departs on his mission -
At the same time, the head of the local monastery despatched sohei Hashiba Aritame to discover why a group of monks had not returned from the same fortress -
That night, the shinobi Sanjou Joko has been sent by the head of her clan to discover what has happened at the fortress to delay the routine report from their spy -
and the following morning, shugenja Azai Komako is traveling to the fortress in search of her master, who was due back from there two days ago, the old wizard is so punctual that she just knows something is wrong!

The four heroes from the box set are painted and on their way to the Forbidden Fortress. Their bases are plain black at the moment which is fine for use with the floor tiles, but the plan is to use them for table top games as well so I need to texture them in some way that they'll be compatible for both.
The "monsters" are on the bench and progressing through the paint queue, and the sharp eyed among you will have noticed some additions to the oriental terrain collection.

Many thanks for reading, and your comments,critiques and questions are more than welcome - no predictions about the next post (I'm still convinced my blog is under a curse!), but I'd like to get the monsters finished so that I can play my first game, and of course clear the bench to crack on with other projects.

16 comments:

  1. They all look stunning, Greg, with beautiful paint jobs on them. I don't believe your blog is cursed. You've just had a spot of bad luck in your life which makes you think your glass is half empty. Try thinking more positively, as I do, and look for the good things. Believe me, your life could be a lot worse and you have much to be thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Bryan - I'm ever the optimist, but the number of times I've posted or commented what I plan to do next, only to have those plans scuppered has really bugged me ;-)
      Believe me, I'm hugely thankful for the good things in life, which definitely include all my good friends here in the blogging community :-)

      Delete
  2. These look great mate. Look forward to reading more and don't worry about the blog post on it when you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon, thankfully the sculpts are excellent and make up for my paintwork :-)
      I've managed some good progress with the rest of the minis in the game and a playtest is imminent!

      Delete
  3. Great work on these models Greg, as for postings post when you can, we'll still be here, and at least we know your okay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dave - I guess it's down to "self imposed" pressure, and kind words like yours help put things in perspective :-)

      Delete
  4. Great characters Greg and the story is shaping up nicely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Michael, I hope that giving them names and individual backgrounds before their very first adventure hasn't been TOO optimistic ;-)

      Delete
  5. interestingly diverse characters and a good start to painting the miniatures for the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Joe, as is the norm for these kind of games, the characters are just "a samurai", "a monk" etc, but they are just crying out for role playing style 'fluff' as part of the gaming immersion - easy enough to do and the rewards are more than worth the amount of effort :-)

      Delete
  6. Lovely bit of work Greg all looks fine & Dandy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Frank, I'm very happy with progress to date and it'll be time for "lights, camera, action" VERY soon :-)

      Delete
  7. Brilliant stuff Greg 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivor, the sculpts are terrific considering they're "gaming tokens" and I'm happy enough with the paint jobs considering both my ability and the actual amount of time they took :-)

      Delete
  8. Beautiful mate, really nice

    ReplyDelete