Thursday 1 October 2020

ZOMTOBER

A zombie is a fictional undead corporeal revenant created through the reanimation of a corpse, most commonly found in horror and fantasy genre works. “

Quite an appropriate month to resurrect my humble blog from its slumbers!

I must admit that I've been caught in the 'lockdown doldrums' for a while, and though I have managed to get a fair few posts done over on The Game Cupboard and The Emerald Musketeers, things have been shamefully neglected here.


The Zomtober Challenge will be a testing experience this year, since due to my complete lack of hobby funds I can only paint what I can find in the 'pile of shame' that fits the theme (so I fully expect to pick up some more penalty points on my artistic licence).

So, to offset that situation, I've decided to pick up and continue the story of Brad and Hannah's fight for survival in the All Things Zombie campaign this month, so between now and Halloween the blog will shamble along featuring nothing more than death, decay and missing/rotten body parts!

You can play "catch-up" with the Zombie Apocalypse link, but just a quick refresher - Brad and the gang had driven into the town of Lorenzo and set up camp in a small warehouse complex, before getting tipped off that they were on a large hostile group's 'patch'.

They decided to make a run for it, and drove out in the early hours of the morning.


The "informers", Bobby Johnson and Madelyn Hopper, narrowly escaped members of the gang and followed Brad's trail hoping to join them.

Only a very short post, but fingers crossed there's plenty more REGULAR updates to follow!


 

15 comments:

  1. Great to see a post from you Greg, look forward to seeing what you paint for the challenge and very much look forward to reading more of the adventure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks muchly Dave - I knew that if I kept kicking myself for not updating the blog I'd eventually get around to doing it!
      And anyway, once a Zomtoberist, always a Zomtoberist eh?!

      Delete
    2. Hope your leg isn't too black and blue ! LOL

      Delete
    3. It's not my leg that I was kicking :-)

      Delete
  2. Good to see you back on the Z trail Greg, I always enjoy a horror movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there's just something about this time of year Frank - the supermarkets are selling pumpkins, and the Poundlands (and equivalent) are selling cheap plastic spiders and skulls and such, that you just HAVE to look through to see if there's anything that would come in handy for the wargame table :-)

      Delete
  3. Great stuff Greg! Looking forward to seeing your campaign continue 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ivor - it's always nice to pursue our many and varied hobby interests, but returning to an old favourite is one of those SPECIAL treats :-)

      Delete
  4. Good to see you participating in Zomtober, Greg. I've put a link to your site onto my Zomtober posting, so people can pay you a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Simon, I'll (HOPEFULLY - if the new Blogger interface lets me) be putting a list of links on the first post "proper" this weekend.
      I only wish I'd done some prep work cos we kick off very early again this year :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes. I won't be posting my first Zomtober finished mini up until next weekend tbh. Still got a few minis to post from last month first LOL...

      Delete
  5. That reminds me, I have a bunch more heroes/heroines and dead things to pass your way when I think of it. I gathered a load together when I was doing a tidy up, but can`t remember where I put them atm lol.

    Keep plugging away mate. Sometimes looking at an old subject in a different way is all it takes to create a spark that ignites into a new flame.

    Your zombie encounters are always great great GREAT fun to read, and I will be watching this space closely bud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Stevie - I should have explained that 'the doldrums' set in when I realised that after being out of work for six months, there's STILL no sign of getting back out on the road. Your "red cross parcels" have proved to be a true blessing my friend :-)

      Delete
  6. Always good to see someone posting about ATZ or Zomtober. To see both in a single article is awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing more...

    ReplyDelete