Sunday 13 October 2019

Zomtober 2019 Week Two

Phew! Only just made it in time by the skin of my teeth - or, given the theme, maybe that should be "by the putrid flesh hanging off my rotting mandibles!"
I knew in advance that I'd have precious little free time this past week (apologies to everyone for neither commenting on your entries, nor replying to your comments - I'll be playing "catch-up" over the next few days!!), so I deliberately chose a 'splash & dash' candidate for this post.

A while ago I managed to acquire a small job-lot of 'Magic The Gathering - Arena of the Planeswalkers' starter sets, and this mini is the "Ghoul Vanguard" and is classed as a "Hero Creature - Zombie"


I used a razor saw to remove him from his oversized base and glued him to a standard 25mm round skirmish base before throwing some pigment in his general direction! (Not just because I was in a rush, but also the rather poor sculpt didn't really warrant an investment of time or effort)


So, another off beat Zed added to the horde and though he's destined for the fantasy collection, he might appear in an ATZ game as a Cos Player who met his demise during the zombie apocalypse while wearing his outfit at a convention!!

12 comments:

  1. You beat me by six minutes. A nice colourful figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that's a bit different. Nicely done Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can understand the not wanting to put in too much effort with such a soft sculpt. The idea of him being a cosplayer is brilliant Greg

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice miniature with an interesting background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I`d be proud of this on my table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff Greg! Really like your color choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if a bit of a 'soft' sculpt, you've done a good paint-job on him, I rmemeber some other Cos-play figures used in zombie games too !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, he will make a fine Cosplayer Zombie for your next game! I see you've mentioned ATZ..have you checked out Last Days?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this model. Excellently rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every good table should have one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the best things about zombies is that they can pop up in any genre. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete