Sunday 6 October 2019

Zomtober 2019 Week One

It really is amazing just how fast time flies! The fact is though, just as there are 'negative' effects caused by Tempus Fugiting (like weeks - nay, months slipping by without a blog update!), there's also 'positive' happenstances like the annual blog community event that is "Zomtober" (which is great for providing the initiative and inspiration to get something painted and posted!!)

For anyone unfamiliar with the event, the aim is to paint at least one zombie related miniature (a zombie or a zombie apocalypse survivor) and post the results of your labour on the Sunday of each week through the month of October.
There's a list of participating bloggers at the bottom of this post

Last year I painted the drocolich "Gravestorm" from the D&D Castle Ravenloft boardgame, and decided to use the actual Zombie Dragon from that game as my first entry for this year.


I'll be honest and admit that the choice was driven by how quickly I'd be able to get the beast done to a 'gaming standard' and make sure I got the ball rolling on time!


So, there we have it - Zomtober is underway, season 10 of The Walking Dead is about to start, and the Halloween themed party gigs are fast approaching. Have a spooktacular time everyone, and please make sure you check out the links below:~


Four Colour Super Minis. LINK
 Eclectic Gentleman Tabletop Gamer LINK
 Cheaphammer!! LINK
 Saturday Mornings LINK
 Doctor Merkury's Lab LINK
 Fantorical LINK
 The Lost and the Damned LINK
Colgar6 and the Infinite Legion of Toy Soldiers  LINK
 Miniature Mayhem LINK
 Azazel's Bits Box. LINK
 Dizbusters Gaming Ephemera LINK
The Wargames Addict LINK
Dead Lead Project LINK
Bob's Miniature Wargaming Blog LINK
Ann's Physical Culture Blog LINK

17 comments:

  1. Great entry for Zombtober Greg, really like the colour choices you've used on this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant stuff Greg! Looks like an absolutely huge model too 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. An impressive entry as a starting salvo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good Greg and would fit in with the direction on the Cupboard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you had as much fun painting it as I did mine. Good choice, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful entry! Not your typical zombie to be sure...thus the beauty of blogs! All those unknown miniatures out there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this one. Zombie dragon! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very noble entry Greg (can an undead dragon be noble, hmmm contemplation on that point over a nice cup of tea I think). I`m always fascinated just how many people who own the Castle Ravenloft boardgame gravitate to this piece as one to paint first out of the box. But yeah, it is huge and is impressive so I totally get why (its the first model from the box I painted too). I like yours especially, its uncluttered (too easy to try to `personalise` the beast with excessive detail, which overcrowds its appeal, I find anyway). Yours looks the ticket, does what it says on the tin... i.e. terrifies players and turns their blood to ice.

    Excellent choice and entry bud

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this iconic miniature. I can see it becoming quite the collector mini in the years to come, with hobbyists desperately seeking it on eBay at huge prices. Yours is an impressive addition to the Dracolich fan club.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrifying beastie, beautifully rendered.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good satrt andgood luck with the rest of the month

    ReplyDelete
  12. Solid start to the month! Like the sculpt very much. He looks appropriately moldy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. While it's not something I get into myself I do enjoy seeing what others do for Zomtober :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Everyone,This was how me and my Boyfriend became VAMPIRES. I got a guy from the internet called Lord who was a VAMPIRE so i told him that me and my boyfriend would love to become a VAMPIRES so he asked me of my Name ,Country, Age ,State , address and in the next 3 days i got the blood sample through the DHL which me and my boyfriend took in the blood into our body and in the next 30 minutes we turned into a VAMPIRE so if you are interested in becoming a VAMPIRE. First: Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books, Sure. I understand. You are young; you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete